Road Freight NSW – Executive Officer Vacancy
- Western Sydney – Full time
- Attractive Salary
Road Freight NSW is a leading representative voice for the NSW Trucking Industry representing the interests of road transport operators. Our membership is spread throughout NSW and comprises short and long haul operators across the entire road freight task. A strong focus of our activity occurs at the major ports of Newcastle, Port Botany and Port Kembla.
We provide a broad range of services to our members including: member & industry advocacy, industrial relations advice, commercial services, weekly industry information updates, networking opportunities, heavy vehicle safety accreditation through our ‘TruckSafe Program’, and assistance to address compliance & enforcement issues.
As a proud member of the Australian Trucking Association, we also have a strong voice at the national level and an extensive communication network to assist our members. With a dedicated and professional Policy Council, Road Freight NSW now seeks the services of an astute, experienced, and appropriately qualified Executive Officer. Previous experience in a similar role is essential, and existing knowledge of the road transport sector will be highly regarded.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chairman of the Road Freight NSW Policy Council, the Executive Officer will provide the full suite of executive support functions. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing high level executive support to the Policy Council including: administrative, policy, membership, marketing and advocacy functions;
- Organising and participating in meetings, taking minutes and actioning outcomes;
- Assist the needs of members on a daily basis;
- Prepare high level submissions to government;
- Event management including workshops and information evenings;
- Represent the interests of members & the Association to government and industry;
- Facilitating and nurturing strong relations with sponsors & commercial partners;
- Instigating ongoing process improvement.
The position requires constant liaison and communication with internal and external stakeholders, so a demonstrated track record in stakeholder engagement is essential.
- Tertiary qualifications in Economics/Business Management;
- Must have at least 5 years previous experience in a similar role;
- Demonstrated track record in policy development;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work autonomously;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Strategic thinker;
- Able to travel interstate occasionally;
- Previous experience working within the not for profit sector will be highly regarded;
- A strong empathy for the heavy vehicle industry;
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
If you believe you have the appropriate experience and qualifications, we would invite you to apply by close of business Friday 22 January 2016.
Your application must include a covering letter that includes a statement of claim against the candidate requirements outlined above, and a Resume.
Please note that all the information required for you to complete your application is contained within this advertisement. More information about Road Freight NSW can be obtained from www.roadfreightnsw.com.au